Below is a list of the Cooperative Culture resources that Touchstone Energy offers.
Download the PDF of each resource to learn more or keep scrolling to watch testimonials and overviews of these programs.
Begin your member engagement journey with this 90-minute, onsite workshop that sparks discussion among all co-op employees about the cooperative difference.
• Educates co-op employees about the cooperative advantage and the power of the Touchstone Energy network.
• Uses group activities, videos and discussion to motivate employees to serve as champions for their co-ops in their communities.
• Delivered onsite at member cooperatives by a qualified member of our National Facilitation Team or your Statewide or Regional Member representative.
• A customizable version can be offered up to four times per day.
Service Excellence is a four-part workshop designed to help employees better serve as co-op ambassadors. By mastering advanced communication skills, anticipating member-owner needs and learning how to lead with proactive attitudes, employees are able to build a positive culture at their co-op.
Part 1: Committing to the Cooperative Advantage: The program is ideal for building on employees’ existing skills and taking them to the next step in service. It will improve their understanding of the Touchstone Energy tools and the impression we make with our own behavioral styles and interactions. We focus on communication skills and member advocacy both inside and outside the cooperative.
Part 2: The Power of Human Connections: In Part 2, we take employees to the next level and share skills and techniques for relationship building with members and coworkers. We discuss member feedback results of the National Survey on the Cooperative Difference, explore the best practices of leading cooperatives and look at generational values among employees and members.
Part 3: Powering the Cooperative Legacy: The Part 3 program continues to build on interpersonal skills and widens the view of industry knowledge. With a focus on best practices and execution strategies, we discuss the balancing act of addressing member needs and industry changes that affect us. We explore ways to build leadership skills and the cooperative legacy.
Part 4: The Cooperative of the Future: The Part 4 program is designed to elevate service skills and challenge participants to build industry knowledge. With a focus on technology and talent, we discuss anticipating future member expectations and staying ahead of industry changes. We explore ways to build employee’s business acumen when responding to member and community needs.
We all know key accounts are important, but don’t always know the best way to serve them. Being the single point of contact for a cooperative’s largest accounts takes a unique mindset and commitment. Our comprehensive Key Accounts program helps key accounts managers have strong interpersonal skills and stay at the forefront of ever-changing business practices.
Building a Key Accounts Culture
Serving a key account is a team effort - everyone at your co-op plays a part, regardless of role.
That’s why Building a Key Accounts Culture is designed to educate employees about the importance and unique challenges in serving commercial, industrial and agricultural accounts. This includes national chains, co-ops’ largest loads, and other important community stakeholders. Touchstone Energy’s Building a Key Accounts Culture all-staff training is a 90-minute interactive workshop for cooperative employees that covers:
• The definition of a key account
• The cooperative business model in relation to key accounts
• The importance of key accounts to the cooperative and the community
• Employees’ vital role
• The power of human connections
Additional Key Account Resources
The annual three-day conference where co-ops and businesses meet. Attendees are immersed in everything from industry trends and emerging technologies to best practice sharing and valuable on-the-job intangibles. Co-op employees and Energy Managers have the ability to NETwork and make true connections.
An online resource library that shares key account industry news and links members to all Key Accounts resources.
A resource that connects new key account employees with seasoned co-op professionals that can answer questions about about serving C&I members and creating related business plans.
The Key Ring Recognition Program
A four-tiered, recognition program for cooperative key account representatives to be recognized for their achievements and continued growth in the Touchstone Energy network. The Key Ring is intended to become a collaborative network of key account representatives from across the country, where a shared purpose builds a better future for our cooperatives and their members.
Monthly online learning sessions on industry-wide topics that help co-op employees strengthen business relationship.
No time to attend an in-person career development training? Turn to this online resource. With access to over 13,000 educational courses from Excel to customer service, co-op employees can learn just about anything.
• LinkedIn Learning teaches the latest software, creative and business skills through high-quality, online instructional learning resources.
• Choose to watch entire courses or a single tutorial video, share course playlists, bookmark courses you’d like to watch or use exercise files to follow along with the instruction.
• All Touchstone Energy co-op members are provided with at least 20 user licenses for free, with an option to purchase additional licenses at a discounted rate of $50 per employee.
• Access the LinkedIn Learning library 24/7 from any device, including a mobile app for offline learning on the go.
Touchstone Energy offers complimentary webinars throughout the year on energy trends, member engagement strategies, advertising best practices, business and economic development, key accounts programming, commercial and industrial technologies and more.
All sessions are recorded and made available for review.
The NET Conference is Touchstone Energy’s signature business-to-business conference that brings together national and regional energy managers with co-op key account and energy services professionals from around the country.
The NET Conference is where co-ops and businesses meet. You’ll be immersed in everything from industry trends and emerging technologies to best practice sharing and valuable on-the-job intangibles. With more than eighteen years of programming, the NET has become an incubator for showcasing innovation, providing national perspective on important industry issues, and demonstrating how businesses and co-ops are embracing the future.
• Gain professional insight, training and best practices for key accounts executives and programming while networking with national business members.
• Learn of cutting edge technologies that will impact the energy industry and cooperative network.
• Hear of best-in-class economic and community development initiatives to strengthen rural America.
Learn more about this premiere event here.
Since 1910, the ANA has served as the voice of the marketer for over 15,000 brands to safeguard and advance the interest of advertisers. All Touchstone Energy cooperatives can access ANA resources on:
• Training and education
• Data and measurement
• Marketing research
• Agency management
• Media placement
Whether you prefer reading award-winning case studies, or asking an expert for the answer to a perplexing question, the ANA has something for you.
Are you maximizing your investment in Touchstone Energy? If you don’t know the answer, let’s review and make sure you are taking advantage of all the resources we offer that will help you meet your co-op’s goals and exceed your member-owners’ expectations.
• The first step is completing the Best in Class Survey so we can provide you with a customized report about the return on your investment. Scan the code to the right to take the survey.
• Next we can schedule a WebEx or phone call with key members of your team to discuss your co-ops’ goals and how Touchstone Energy can help you achieve them.
• We’ll also ask you to identify a brand ambassador. This is the person at your co-op who will be responsible for keeping up with Touchstone Energy programs and sharing the news and resources with coworkers.
These online and in-person educational resources help co-op employees become their members’ source for power and information by equipping them with the education they need to feel comfortable discussing energy efficiency.
Solar 101 builds on the foundation of the Energy Solutions Kick-Start course, and is also available on the Together We Learn platform. Solar 101 helps co-op employees build a foundation of solar energy knowledge to better engage with member-owners on their energy choices. This self-paced course empowers co-op employees to answer basic questions for member-owners and walk them through important considerations they should take before purchasing a solar system. Upon completion, co-op employees will have the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to speak with member-owners about their solar energy options.
Energy Solutions Kick-Start
Available on the Together We Save online learning platform, Energy Solutions Kick-Start teaches co-op employees how to have constructive conversations with their members about energy use and help identify opportunities to save. This individualized, self-paced course provides answers to member questions covering a variety of topics – including HVAC, lighting, phantom loads, and how to analyze energy use history. Upon completion, co-op employees will have the skills, knowledge and confidence to provide solutions for members.
The Biz Network News (“BNN”) is a monthly newsletter geared towards anyone interested in keeping up to date with all things energy, from federal policy and electric vehicles to renewables and infrastructure investment. We sort through the news of the month so you don’t have to and select the best articles from across the country, providing you with the must-know short list.
Stay in the know about all things Touchstone Energy with Brand News.
Access the blog at brandnews.touchstoneenergy.com to receive up to the minute updates on all Touchstone Energy programs, resources and tools, as well as review best practice articles about co-ops within our network.
With Brand News, you’ll learn how to maximize your membership by taking advantage of the programs and tools at your fingertips.